News from the Pews
Special Family Seating
The sanctuary seating is now set to face the big altar up front this summer, to make room in the back for the many groups who will have to meet there this summer during Parish Hall construction. This configuration makes it pretty tough for kids to see anything, so...beginning this Sunday June 9, families are warmly invited to occupy the first 3 rows on the pulpit-side, giving kids a much better view.
Please don't worry about your kids being a distraction to others - it's truly the opposite! People love to see your lively little ones.
Seasons Change Tour for Littles and their Parents
Sunday (Pentecost) June 9
Join Deacon Laura in front of the altar immediately after the postlude for a special tour of symbols new and old for the next church season, initiated by Pentecost.
Also, you can help us celebrate the Holy Spirit on Sunday by brining any wind-driven toys you have, like pinwheels or kites. We'll be making wind socks in church school, too.
There will be a potluck lunch afterwards! If you're able, all are invited to bring an item from your family's ethnic ancestry to the potluck.
Remember that the summer schedule of 10am for church begins this week!
Summer Church School
Beginning Sunday 6/16, church school will be combining our current two classes and meeting OUTSIDE all summer while the Parish Hall is worked on. The nursery will continue to operate in the Rainbow Room as usual for ages 4 and under.
We've got three special themes planned for the summer, including "Who is My Neighbor," "Eco-justice," and "Interfaith Peace."
Here's some things to know about summer church school:
- The teacher will be waiting by the big tree near the greeters table
- At 10:05 the teacher will walk any children (age 4 and up) through the parking lot to the Pavilion next to the garden
- Any kids arriving after 10:05 should be walked by their parents to the garden pavilion directly
- We'll be in the shade of the Pavilion some of the time, and other times we'll be in the sun (and dirt!).
- Please lather up the sunscreen and bring a hat if your child is sensitive to sun!
- We hope to get messy and creative most weeks, so if your kid likes to be fancy like mine, keep that in mind. We will hopefully get our hands in the soil of the garden, as well.
- Have stuff to give away?
- Don't forget! Estelle Holder created the following Google Spreadsheet that lists items available to give away. There are some fun things on it already! When you have good items that you want to make available, please consider adding them to this list. This is a beautiful way to create a sharing community among us, as our kids grow out of their things too fast. If you need help contacting anyone from the list, just let me know and I can connect you. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150sYZGk2-i8zY4NqcCsFwvhuq80CBtN2wNQGSCV2X1w/edit?ts=5caac57f#gid=0
Upcoming Activities in July: Save the Date!
Games On the Lawn!
Sunday July 21 from 11:30-1:30pm
It's time to play! Join other families for a picnic lunch followed by some old classics like gunny sack races, parachute games, egg toss, and of course concluding with a water balloon toss.
Saturday July 27, 9:30-11:30am
Join other moms from St. Paul's for warm drinks and light treats as we open our hearts to each other about the challenges and joys of parenting.